Happy Memorial Weekend everyone! Here is a recipe to make Monday morning after you come to CFDM and complete ‘Murph’. Enjoy!
Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water (consider soda water for slightly fluffier pancakes)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil
- fresh berries
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nut meg and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly if desired.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with fresh berries.
Note: If the pan is too hot, the cakes will stick, burn on the outside, and/or not cook entirely through.
Check out the link below for more information on this minitsry
We had time for a short mini-WOD with squats. All the girls did great!
- Increases flexibility
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves posture
- Improves balance and coordination
- Can often eliminate low back pain
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Improves relaxation and stress relief
- Increases your energy level
- Improves the functionality of your life
- Reduces muscle tension
Being patient when beginning to pull the bar off the floor during the snatch or clean is important for maintaining an effective torso angle as the movement progresses upward. Yanking or jerking the bar off of the floor leads to an early ascent of the hips and weakened position to pull underneath the bar later in the lift. Begin with a slow, strong, and steadily accelerating bar path right next to the leg for a successful clean or snatch.
Plan ahead for next Monday! On Memorial Day we will have limited class times at each location. These are set class times.
With expectations of big classes, please be on time!
Feel free to bring family and friends along. This is a great opportunity to reach out to your friends who are on the fence.
Urbandale class times
Waukee (start times)
Come join us for another mobility seminar with Dr. Nate Hinkeldey this Saturday (5/18) located at our Urbandale location at 10:00am. You will learn and practice many excerises to increase your hip mobility. We hope to see you all there!
CrossFit Des Moines is excited for the opportunity to help out local kids by serving a meal next Thursday, May 23. We need 15-20 volunteers to give one to two hours of their time beginning at 5:00pm. Approximately 30 girls will be eating and CFDM will provide the food, drinks and tableware.
5:00pm – arrive and set up
5:15pm – serve dinner
5:45pm – dinner concludes
6:00pm – short activity
6:00pm – wrap up
A tour of the facility will be available after 6:00 for those that are interested.
Sign ups are available at all three CFDM locations. Please help a wonderful cause and make a difference!
Freedom For Youth
2301 Hickman Rd.
Des Moines, IA 50310